Building Official: Michael Theisen
Request an Inspection (online request)
Inspection Line: 800-282-8140
Keenesburg Municipal Code
Building work in the Town of Keenesburg is controlled by the Keenesburg Municipal Code, Chapter 18, Article I and adopted by ORDINANCE 2017-02, 2012 International Building Code. The purpose of the code is to ensure that the buildings:
- Are safe, sanitary and have suitable means of escape from fire: and
- Contribute to the physical independence and well being of people who use them;
- Are designed, constructed and able to be used in ways that promote sustainable development.
All commercial new builds, additions and remodels are required to obtain Fire District approval prior to issuing the building permit. A set of building plans, by a design professional, will be required for this permit. For more information contact the SE Weld Fire Protection District. 303-732-4203
Application for Plan Review by the SE Weld Fire District
One-Stop Permits (Does not require Plan Review)
- Water Heater, Residential Furnace/Boiler, Air Conditioner
- Fence (Over 6 feet in height)
- Lawn Sprinkler System
- Window Replacement/Siding
- Gas Line Inspection/Pressure Check
- Small Sign (no foundation)
Many building permits require a detailed plan before your permit will be approved. Below are some helpful guides to our most common projects. The guides are designed to be a useful working tool for you, the homeowner, as you go through your building project. Please select from the subcategory documents below.
Remodeling, Renovating or Demolishing?
Asbestos - Renovation and Demolition State of Colorado Asbestos Notifications & Permits
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Search for file name:
Documents sorted by SEQ in Descending Order within category