ORDINANCE NO. 2016-10
AN ORDINANCE APPROVING AN ANNEXATION KNOWN AS THE SCHOOL DISTRICT RE-3J ANNEXATION NO. 5 TO THE TOWN OF KEENESBURG, COLORADO
WHEREAS, a petition for annexation of certain unincorporated property, to be known as the School District RE-3J Annexation No.5, and described in Exhibit A attached hereto, has been filed with the Board of Trustees of the Town of Keenesburg; and
WHEREAS, pursuant to C.R.S. §§ 31-12-108 to -110, the Board of Trustees on March 14, 2016 held a duly-noticed public hearing to consider the proposed annexation; and
WHEREAS, notice of the hearing was published on January 5 and February 1, 8 and 15, 2016 in the Greeley Tribune; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Trustees, by resolution, has determined that the petition is in substantial compliance with the applicable laws of the State of Colorado, that the area proposed to be annexed is eligible for annexation, and further has determined that an election is not required, and further found that no additional terms and conditions are to be imposed upon said annexation except any provided for in said petition.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED BY THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE TOWN OF KEENESBURG, COLORADO:
Section 1. The annexation to the Town of Keenesburg of the property described in Exhibit A, attached hereto and incorporated herein by this reference, and known as the School District RE-3J Annexation No. 5, is hereby approved and such property is made a part of and annexed to the Town of Keenesburg.
Section 2. The annexation of said territory is subject to the conditions provided for in the petition for annexation of said property filed with the Town of Keenesburg.
INTRODUCED, READ, ADOPTED, APPROVED AND ORDERED PUBLISHED IN FULL this 14th day of March, 2016.
TOWN OF KEENESBURG, COLORADO
Danny Kipp, Mayor
Debra L. Chumley, Town Clerk
EXHIBIT A – LEGAL DESCRIPTION
ANNEXATION NO. 5:
A PARCEL OF LAND LOCATED IN THE SOUTH 1/2 OF SECTION 2, AND THE NORTH 1/2 OF SECTION 11, TOWNSHIP 1 NORTH, RANGE 64 WEST OF THE 6TH P.M., COUNTY OF WELD, STATE OF COLORADO, DESCRIBED AS FOLLOWS:
CONSIDERING THE SOUTH LINE OF THE SOUTHWEST 1/4 OF SECTION 2, TOWNSHIP 1 NORTH, RANGE 64 WEST OF THE 6TH P.M. TO BEAR SOUTH 89°27'38" WEST, AND WITH ALL BEARINGS CONTAINED HEREIN RELATIVE THERETO;
COMMENCING AT THE SOUTH 1/4 CORNER OF SAID SECTION 2; THENCE NORTH 01°44'32" WEST, COINCIDENT WITH THE EAST LINE OF THE SOUTHEAST 1/4 OF SAID SECTION 2, A DISTANCE OF 75.02 FEET TO THE NORTH RIGHT-OF-WAY LINE OF HIGHWAY NO. 52 AND THE TRUE POINT OF BEGINNING; THENCE COINCIDENT WITH SAID NORTH RIGHT-OF-WAY LINE THE FOLLOWING EIGHT (8) COURSES AND DISTANCES:
1) SOUTH 89°27'38" WEST, A DISTANCE OF 163.45 FEET;
2) NORTH 65°17'22" WEST, A DISTANCE OF 35.32 FEET;
3) SOUTH 89°27'38" WEST, A DISTANCE OF 600.00 FEET;
4) SOUTH 63°52'38" WEST, A DISTANCE OF 34.89 FEET;
5) SOUTH 89°27'38" WEST, A DISTANCE OF 941.02 FEET;
6) SOUTH 45°20'34" WEST, A DISTANCE OF 21.49 FEET;
7) SOUTH 89°27'38" WEST, A DISTANCE OF 62.10 FEET;
8) SOUTH 79°15'38" WEST, A DISTANCE OF 101.60 FEET; THENCE SOUTH 85°53'35" EAST, A DISTANCE OF 519.10 FEET TO THE SOUTH LINE OF THE SOUTHWEST 1/4 OF SAID SECTION 2; THENCE SOUTH 85°01'54" WEST, A DISTANCE OF 518.00 FEET TO THE SOUTH RIGHT-OF-WAY LINE OF HIGHWAY NO. 52; THENCE COINCIDENT WITH SAID SOUTH RIGHT-OF-WAY LINE THE FOLLOWING FOUR (4) COURSES AND DISTANCES:
1) SOUTH 79°13'52" EAST, A DISTANCE OF 102.00 FEET;
2) NORTH 89°27'38" EAST, A DISTANCE OF 300.00 FEET;
3) NORTH 78°09'08" EAST, A DISTANCE OF 102.00 FEET;
4) NORTH 89°27'38" EAST, A DISTANCE OF 1445.60 FEET TO THE EAST LINE OF THE NORTHWEST 1/4 OF SAID SECTION 11; THENCE SOUTH 00°02'55" WEST, COINCIDENT WITH SAID EAST LINE, A DISTANCE OF 60.00 FEET; THENCE NORTH 79°54'56" EAST, A DISTANCE OF 600.00 FEET TO THE NORTH LINE OF THE NORTHEAST 1/4 OF SAID SECTION 11; THENCE NORTH 83°16'25" WEST, A DISTANCE OF 597.04 FEET TO THE TRUE POINT OF BEGINNING.
SAID PARCEL CONTAINS 268,358 SQUARE FEET OR 6.161 ACRES, MORE OR LESS.