ORDINANCE NO. 2016-12
AN ORDINANCE APPROVING AN ANNEXATION KNOWN AS THE SCHOOL DISTRICT RE-3J ANNEXATION NO. 7 TO THE TOWN OF KEENESBURG, COLORADO
WHEREAS, a petition for annexation of certain unincorporated property, to be known as the School District RE-3J Annexation No. 7, and described in Exhibit A attached hereto, has been filed with the Board of Trustees of the Town of Keenesburg; and
WHEREAS, pursuant to C.R.S. §§ 31-12-108 to -110, the Board of Trustees on March 14, 2016 held a duly-noticed public hearing to consider the proposed annexation; and
WHEREAS, notice of the hearing was published on January 5 and February 1, 8 and 15, 2016 in the Greeley Tribune; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Trustees, by resolution, has determined that the petition is in substantial compliance with the applicable laws of the State of Colorado, that the area proposed to be annexed is eligible for annexation, and further has determined that an election is not required, and further found that no additional terms and conditions are to be imposed upon said annexation except any provided for in said petition.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED BY THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE TOWN OF KEENESBURG, COLORADO:
Section 1. The annexation to the Town of Keenesburg of the property described in Exhibit A, attached hereto and incorporated herein by this reference, and known as the School District RE-3J Annexation No. 7, is hereby approved and such property is made a part of and annexed to the Town of Keenesburg.
Section 2. The annexation of said territory is subject to the conditions provided for in the petition for annexation of said property filed with the Town of Keenesburg.
INTRODUCED, READ, ADOPTED, APPROVED AND ORDERED PUBLISHED IN FULL this 14th day of March, 2016.
TOWN OF KEENESBURG, COLORADO
Danny Kipp, Mayor
Debra L. Chumley, Town Clerk
EXHIBIT A – LEGAL DESCRIPTION
ANNEXATION NO. 7:
A PARCEL OF LAND LOCATED IN THE THE NORTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 11, TOWNSHIP 1 NORTH, RANGE 64 WEST OF THE 6TH P.M., COUNTY OF WELD, STATE OF COLORADO, DESCRIBED AS FOLLOWS:
CONSIDERING THE SOUTH LINE OF THE SOUTHWEST 1/4 OF SECTION 2, TOWNSHIP 1 NORTH, RANGE 64 WEST OF THE 6TH P.M. TO BEAR SOUTH 89°27'38" WEST, AND WITH ALL BEARINGS CONTAINED HEREIN RELATIVE THERETO;
COMMENCING AT THE EAST 1/4 CORNER OF SAID SECTION 11; THENCE SOUTH 89°06'09" WEST, COINCIDENT WITH THE SOUTH LINE OF THE NORTHEAST 1/4 OF SAID SECTION 11, A DISTANCE OF 30.00 FEET TO THE WEST RIGHT-OF-WAY LINE OF COUNTY ROAD NO. 59 AND THE TRUE POINT OF BEGINNING. THENCE NORTH 00°49'26" WEST, COINCIDENT WITH SAID WEST RIGHT-OF-WAY LINE, A DISTANCE OF 2640.36 FEET TO THE SOUTH RIGHT-OF-WAY LINE OF HIGHWAY NO. 52; THENCE SOUTH 89°45'32" WEST, COINCIDENT WITH SAID SOUTH LINE, A DISTANCE OF 1290.31 FEET TO THE WEST LINE OF THAT PARCEL OF LAND DESCRIBED IN DEED RECORDED FEBRUARY 8, 1962 AS RECEPTION NO. 1374115 IN THE RECORDS OF THE CLERK AND RECORDER FOR WELD COUNTY, COLORADO; THENCE COINCIDENT WITH SAID WEST LINE THE FOLLOWING THREE (3) COURSES AND DISTANCES:
1) SOUTH 11°08'31" EAST, A DISTANCE OF 211.29 FEET;
2) SOUTH 10°45'21" EAST, A DISTANCE OF 258.00 FEET;
3) SOUTH 10°51'38" EAST, A DISTANCE OF 254.00 FEET TO THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF SAID PARCEL, ALSO BEING THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THAT PARCEL OF LAND DESCRIBED IN DEED RECORDED JUNE 19, 1979 AS RECEPTION NO. 1794263 IN THE RECORDS OF THE CLERK AND RECORDER FOR WELD COUNTY, COLORADO; THENCE COINCIDENT WITH THE WEST AND SOUTH LINE OF SIAD PARCEL THE FOLLOWING SIX (6) COURSES AND DISTANCES:
1) SOUTH 05°14'55" EAST, A DISTANCE OF 49.14 FEET;
2) SOUTH 00°56'36" EAST, A DISTANCE OF 1189.43 FEET;
3) SOUTH 53°07'01" EAST, A DISTANCE OF 230.06 FEET;
4) SOUTH 49°17'01" EAST, A DISTANCE OF 779.45 FEET;
5) SOUTH 51°29'21" EAST, A DISTANCE OF 71.68 FEET;
6) NORTH 89°06'09" EAST, A DISTNACE OF 306.50 FEET TO THE TRUE POINT OF BEGINNING.
SAID PARCEL CONTAINS 2,740,686 SQUARE FEET OR 62.918 ACRES, MORE OR LESS.